We hope you are doing well, staying safe and not going too stir crazy with lockdown fever. We thank our lucky stars that our area of the UK has not been too badly affected.
In light of the PM’s speech on 10th May, 2020 in which he offered a phased approach back to normality, we felt it might be time to send an update of our phased re-opening plans at Martley. The PMs approach was unfortunately as clear as mud, so we had to wait to take guidance from the BEF which was only published late on Tuesday night. Please see their latest statement as 12.05.20.
Those who follow us on Google and Facebook will have seen that we are now officially re-opened, but this is for the OUTDOOR ARENA ONLY and we have a strict protocol to follow in order to stay safe within the government guidelines.
From W/C 1st June:
We will be welcoming back with open arms and air kisses (from a socially acceptable distance) the lovely Tammy Ruffles and Liz Mills who will both be running 1-2-1 sessions. The full details are published on our Facebook page (Link) and our Events (Link) on the Martley Hall website. There will also be a Mill Saddlery Saddle & Fairfax Bridle Fitting Clinic towards the end of the month. (Separate protocol will apply)
In the meantime please read the protocol below if you are wishing to hire or attend a 1-2-1 session at Martley Hall. It is really important that everyone’s safety is first & foremost.
|New (CoVid-19 Specific) Protocols for Hiring & Riding
at Martley Hall Arena
|As from Wednesday 13th May, 2020
- Outdoor arena available only – due to government guidelines
- All bookings must be made and paid for online prior to arrival
- No more than 2 people from the same household will be able to ride together
- Or 2 individuals from different households
- If one is a rider and one the instructor – please be aware the instructor will not be riding or handling/assisting you on your horse due to bio-security
- Please ensure social distancing is adhered to throughout the booked session
- We request that riders consider the risks of their activity, and ride or exercise safely and within their capabilities and fitness levels for them and their horse.
- Riding is a risky sport. Riding your own horse, or a horse on loan / lent to you at Martley Hall Stud, using any of the facilities or taking part in a clinic session at Martley Hall Stud is done entirely at your own risk. Martley Hall Stud takes no responsibility for any rider’s safety either whilst they are riding or when handling horses
- Please do not arrive any sooner than 15 minutes prior to your allotted session time.
- Parking for the outdoor arena will be on the grass next door to the arena, to reduce the need to walk past our builders or cross anyone else’s path.(Please see location on above diagram)
- Please also be aware that we have got builders on site and that MH will not take responsibility if your horse reacts to this in any way
- Only two horse transporters on site at a time. Parked either end of the arena (Please refer to the above diagram.)
- We will operate a one-way system for vehicle and horse movements going clockwise around the arena to ensure safe social distancing(Please see above diagram)
- Once your session is finished, please leave the arena without stopping for a chat, untack, box-up your horse, and depart the site as quickly as possible.
- The MH team will be around, but will not be able to assist due to bio-security safety
- To reduce the chances of cross contamination:
- Our indoor arena facilities will be closed –, there will be no toilets or cafe open on site – Sorry
- We will NOT be providing the jumps due to bio-security and safety inthe outdoor arena
- Please bring water with you for your horse, do not fill your buckets up from our taps
- DO NOT ride your horse anywhere else on the estate
- If a visitor, (rider, instructor, or safety companion) does not adhere to the above protocol, MH staff reserve the right to ask them to leave the site with immediate effect.
- All visitors will be expected to observe the 2m social distancing guidelines laid out by the government when talking to anyone on the site
- MHS Standard Terms & Conditions for booking will apply (Link)
In Case of a Major Incident:
- You must bring a safety companion with you from your household.This person is to remain in the car / lorry at all times but will be available to assist you safely should you have an incident whilst riding. Neither the instructor nor, the MH staff will be able to physically assist you due to bio-security & social distancing requirements.
- In the event of a MAJOR incident MH will provide basic PPE in the form of face masks, gloves and alcohol wipes for assisting personnel, until such times that paramedics arrive.
Stay Safe & Take Care
Martley Hall Stud Team