We are now entering Tier 4 Lockdown from today, Saturday 26th December 2020
These are the rules for equestrians in our region. Taken from BHS Website:
- The care of horses, including exercise, can continue in Tier 4.
- Riding Schools have been listed as businesses which can continue to remain open although lessons are restricted to 1-2-1, or one-to-a-household.
- Group lessons for under 18s or disabled riders are permitted.
- You must not leave or be outside your home, except for where you have a specific purpose (work, essential activities, education, etc) or a reasonable excuse (care and exercise of horses, exercise and recreation, etc)
- Outdoor sports courts, outdoor gyms, golf courses, outdoor swimming pools, archery/driving/shooting ranges, riding centres and playgrounds can remain open for individual exercise, and for people to use with others within your household, support bubble, or with one person from another household.
- Organised outdoor sport can continue for under-18s and disabled people will be allowed (Please note, the use of indoor/covered arenas for equestrian activity has previously been classified as outdoor activity in England and Scotland)
- Avoid travelling outside a Tier 4 area and, if you need to travel for legally permitted reasons, you should stay local.
- Overnight stays are not permitted.
- You should not travel into a Tier 4 area from another Tier
We will be revising our protocols in line with the new guidance. Please see our News pages for further information.